Monday, September 1, 2008

Journal 1

I’m ALP student in Cal state Fullerton and My name is YoungJoon, Ju.’ Youngjoon’ is my first name. ‘Ju’ is my family name but my friends call me as young. It is easier. I was born in Seoul, Korea and I had lived in Korea before coming California. I came here about three month ago and living in Fullerton as international student with my roommates.
I want be a car designer and it is reason that I came here. I was high school student in Korea and I didn’t go to any university. I was admitted into some Korean university but I didn’t want to go there and decided to study in abroad. My short-term goals is entrance into ACCD(Art Center College of Design)in Pasadena, CA. So I’m preparing portfolios and TOEFL test after school class. I was enormous influenced by my father who is professor of Korean Art University. Since I was young, I have experienced various art works, museums, art exhibitions and because of father’s affairs, My family stayed the Paris for one year. Even though I was just middle school student, It was really impressed. I think that kind of works really encouraged me. If can graduate ACCD I want to work at the Japanese or European car companies as a designer. Establishing Design Company is one of my life goals.
I like shopping, internet surfing and watching movie when my breaks. Actually, I am suffered from homesickness nowadays. I really miss my family and friends but I am doing my best and trying to adjusting myself in new environments. I hope to improve my English ability through this semester.

1 comment:

leinster said...

homesickness will pass. Hang in there.